Damascus, Aug 11 (Prensa Latina) Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem reiterated during a meeting with diplomats from Brazil, India and South Africa his country’s determination to carry out a package of reforms announced by President Bashar al-Assad.
Syria is determined to continue its national dialogue mentioned by Al-Assad on June 6, Al-Moallem told the envoys of South Africa, Brazil and India, Ebrahim Ebrahim, Paulo Cordeiro and Dilip Sinha, respectively, the SANA news agency reported.
Al-Moallem said Syrian Army units withdrew from the city of Hama after restoring security and stability, which had been sabotaged by what authorities described as armed terrorist groups.
Al-Moallemr also referred to what he called foreign interference and misinformation campaigns that aim to exert more pressures on Syria’s independent political decision-making, which prevents the implantation of foreign agendas.
Al-Moallem expressed appreciation for the positions taken by India, Brazil, South Africa, Lebanon, Russia and China against the anti-Syria campaign in the UN Security Council.
The visitors expressed confidence that the reforms on all levels led by Al-Assad would create a new reality in Syria which meets the Syrian people’s aspirations.