Managua, Feb 19 (Prensa Latina) The dispute between Nicaragua and Costa Rica for four months is now in a new phase, following the announcement of a forthcoming decision of the International Court of Justice in The Hague.
According to news reports, the International Court of Justice Saturday said the governments of the two countries that on March 8 it will announce its decision on the dispute sparked by Costa Rica against Nicaragua in October.
Nicaraguan authorities so far have not comment on the announcement, but the Costa Rican Foreign Minister Rene Castro said he was satisfied with the news and expressed the hope of receiving a favorable ruling to his the claims of his Government.
The conflict arose after Nicaragua started the dredging of the river San Juan which is the border with Costa Rica.
The San Juan River is part of Nicaragua and Costa Rica only has right of navigation for commercial purposes, but the river has always been in the spotlight of Costa Rican expansionist sectors.